Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Menswear


Okay, so we've all seen it: in the past few seasons many designers have put a twist on many classic men's styles, and made them into women's fashions. Well, in my mind, it makes more sense to go buy men's clothing and turn it into women's clothing myself. This way there is a very slim chance that another girl will be wearing the same thing, of course a guy may be. But still, really, doesn't this make more sense than paying excessive amounts of money on some scrap of fabric that used to be a suit jacket, when you could go buy a guys jacket, which is probably half the price, and make it into something cute yourself. I did this the other day at old navy. I went into the guys section and found a sweater vest. There were people looking at me funny when I went up to the register to pay for it, but when I got home, I managed to find a skinny black belt in the back of my closet to cinch the waist of the vest, then I paired it with a simple short black skirt and off I went. I felt really cute, and also very feminine in it too. So, next time you pass the guys section in a store; you may just want to stop and take a peek. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Suzanne, I love your style. And your blog. And you.

-lou. said...

i was with you when you bought it too!! YAY!! I actually really likes it too...