Friday, August 29, 2008

What to wear on a glacier


This morning I was packing for my trip to Camp Greene on Farnham glacier, and I then I realized that I have no idea what you wear on a glacier. I packed all my ski stuff no problem, but when it came to casual clothes to wear in the down time, I was clueless. So, for once in my fashion career I played it safe. I packed a few pairs of jeans, a bunch of T-shirts, a few of my comfy cardigans, and my favorite Lululemon hoodie. Although there's nothing wrong with any of these items, they can make some pretty cute outfits, it's just that it's all pretty boring. As hard as I've tried to think of ways to add some interest to my outfits without looking like I've tried too hard, I couldn't think of anything. Usually when I'm in the city, I'll just throw a belt over a dress, or tie a scarf around my head, but I feel that when I'm on the top of a mountain with nothing around me accept for about thirty tents and three snowcats that this may look slightly out of place. I realize that I may be slightly overanalizing this situation, but I am still very confused about what I'm going to wear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think what you've packed is good. You missed the sweatpants though.