Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cloning.

I realize that cloning is a subject that most people don’t pay too much attention to, but as I was reading an article about it all I could think about was how completely pointless it all was. Don’t we already have overpopulation issues as it is? I agree that it is very interesting, but I feel that the people who are studying this and spending so much time trying to clone things are wasting their time and money. They are all obviously very intelligent, but wouldn’t it make more sense to put their genius towards coming up with something useful? For example; they could put their biology smarts toward solving the food shortage crisis around the world. I mean come on, there are people out there who can’t afford to feed their families, some don’t even have access to clean water, and these scientists are spending all this money on trying to clone a monkey. Priorities people!! Food for the starving people in third world countries, or asexual reproduction in monkeys; to me, it’s a no-brainer. Okay, well, there’s my rant for the day. I also apologize for any incorrect facts or wording. 


So, right now I’m pretty much just trying to waste time here at school. I actually have been doing a bit of work, but mostly I’ve been reading the news on BBC, and looking up stuff on Wikipedia. I'm going to a concert tonight, but I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow.


Until then, I'll be pondering about the subject of what I'm going to wear to holiday parties this year. I will report back to you with what I've discovered. 

No comments: